About GuideStone Traditional IRAs
What are some potential advantages of opening a Traditional IRA?
- Earnings accumulate tax-deferred.
- Contributions may qualify as tax deductible. (See your contribution and deductibility limits.)
- Participants who are 50 or older have expanded contribution limits.
- Contributions may be made for spouses, even if they have no income.
- Assets can be invested in our award-winning funds, which are Christian-screened.
How much can I contribute to my Traditional IRA?
- If you’re under 50, you can contribute up to $5,500 annually.*
- If you’re 50 or older, you can contribute up to $6,500 annually.*
What are the potential limitations on withdrawals?
You may choose to take penalty-free withdrawals from your Traditional IRA after age 59½ but must begin taking them by age 70½. In either case, there are no penalties imposed, but federal income tax will apply to withdrawals (except for the return of non-deductible contributions). In addition, any withdrawals made prior to age 59½ are subject to a 10% penalty, except in the following circumstances:
- Higher education expenses for you or your immediate family members.
- First-time home purchase expenses to buy or build a first home for yourself, your parents, children or grandchildren ($10,000 lifetime maximum).
- Death or disability.
- Certain medical expenses (or health insurance premiums due to unemployment).
Open an account
You can also choose to view and print a Traditional IRA application.
For answers to any other questions about opening a GuideStone IRA, we’re available to answer your calls at
1-888-GS-FUNDS (1-888-473-8637) between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. CST Monday–Friday. You can also visit our help center or contact us at your convenience.
*Or your annual household income, whichever is less. Based on 2018 contribution limits.
You should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the GuideStone Funds before investing. A prospectus with this and other information about the Funds may be obtained by calling 1-888-GS-FUNDS (1-888-473-8637) or downloading one. It should be read carefully before investing.
GuideStone Funds shares are distributed by Foreside Funds Distributors LLC, not an advisor affiliate. GuideStone Capital Management, LLC, an affiliate of GuideStone Financial Resources, provides investment advisory services for the funds.
Retail products are made available through GuideStone Financial Services, member FINRA. GuideStone Funds shares are distributed by Foreside Funds Distributors LLC, not an advisor affiliate